Interview for SIP – SoundLAB Interview project
– graduated from high school in 2001
– studied radio work in Voionmaanopisto 2003-2004
– currently studying sound designing at Theater academy 2005-
achievements and specialization
My sound composition got the first price in radio festivals ( Tampere 2004), which is a national contest between sound and media schools.
I have been making music quite a long time and I’m trying to mix up different kinds of rhythm music from reggae to hc-punk. I use organic instruments as well as electronic equipments. Besides music I’m also very interested about making sound installations and compositions, especially from sounds that we hear everyday. I like the idea that I can manipulate ambiences and sounds which are familiar and obvious to us.
– Phuzy: Sightseeing cd-ep ( my band) published by Finnish independent label Bad Vugum in 2003
– Theme music and a few sounds to following short films: Roseland, Mies oven edessä, Anima.
Jouni Tauriainen participates in