Jan de Weille
SoundLAB VI – sonic art project environments
soundPOOL – a challenge for imagination
SIP – SoundLAB Interview
I have a PhD in biology from Utrecht university, Netherlands and am now working at the Institut des Neurosciences de Montpellier, France. I have been inspired by art students to write computer programs that help create musical pieces. The pieces that I’ve made so far (http://www.bram.org/sound/bow.html) are largely influenced by minimal music.
One or more of my pieces have been included in:
• The ‘Aqua Art sound broadcast’, James Harris gallery, Miami in December 2005.
• The Festival of Multimedia Art in Kaliningrad, March 2006.
• The Wilderness Information Network by C. Peppermint, New York, May 2006.
• The sound of musing installation curated by A Laura & N Roussel at the Small gallery, Atlanta, December 2006.
• Oppera Internettikka, by A Abrahams & I Stromajer, Opéra National de Montpellier, december 2006.
• TRANSreveLATION, an audiovisual concert that explored form and structure Community Church of New York, Unitarian Universalist, 40 East 35 th Street, April 26, 2007
• The 11th media art Friesland festival, Leeuwarden, the Netherlands, 20-30 september, 2007.
• The ‘War and peace’ concert at La Salle university, Philadelphia, november 5th, 2007
• The Robot project at Panoplie.org: ‘ Mon robot est un artiste’ by Clément Charmet, Montpellier, France, january 2008